Sing, Mothers! Sing!

My favorite quote from Sarah Plain and Tall: Of their prospective step-mother Caleb asks, "Does she sing?" The reply, "Tell Caleb I sing." Singing. Do we recognize this as an essential part of mothering? Caleb didn't ask, "Does she sing WELL?" Only, "Does she sing?" Sing to your children mothers, even during pregnancy, no matter if you are talented or not. With practice you will see improvement, but regardless, to your babes you will sound like an angel.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Weep No More

Weep No More
inspired by Psalms 119:136 and
Isaiah 30:19
©2005 Susan Fierro-Baig
All Rights Reserved (permission granted for printing by individuals for personal use ONLY) Drawing by
Susan Fiero-Baig

Verse
Anguish had taken hold of me
Rivers of water ran down my eyes
The world weighed me down
and I nearly drowned
in the river of tears swellin’ round me

Chorus
So I cried unto Him,
How I cried unto Him,
Save me Lord,

O, merciful Lord,
Please, Deliver me!

I was down on the floor
knocking at His door,
My tears did dry
when he answered my cry
On eagles wings my soul did soar
when I heard the words,
O, my daughter,
Weep, no more!

Verse
I’d been fed with the bread of adversity
In the midst of choking on all the strife
I turned to him to preserve my life


Chorus
I cried unto Him,
How I cried unto Him,
Hear me Lord,
O, merciful Lord,
Please, Deliver me!

I was down on the floor
knocking at His door
He was gracious
and answered my cry
on eagles wings my soul did fly
It flew high in the sky
and I did weep, no more!
Yes, I did weep no more!



3 comments:

An American Believer said...

Beautiful.

Susana said...

Erin,

I truly enjoy listening to your rendition of this song. Your voice is so clear and angelic. Through your rendition I can feel that you have experienced recieving a Heavenly Balm during your trials, too.
Thanks for breathing life into this song.
Please sing more!

Erin said...

Oh thank you! You both are so sweet. It was nice to hear you sing this Susan.