Sing, Mothers! Sing!

My favorite quote from Sarah Plain and Tall: Of their prospective step-mother Caleb asks, "Does she sing?" The reply, "Tell Caleb I sing." Singing. Do we recognize this as an essential part of mothering? Caleb didn't ask, "Does she sing WELL?" Only, "Does she sing?" Sing to your children mothers, even during pregnancy, no matter if you are talented or not. With practice you will see improvement, but regardless, to your babes you will sound like an angel.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

You Are The Man For Me©2005 by Susan Fierro-Baig

You Are The Man For Me
©2005 Susan Fierro-Baig
All Rights Reserved. Permission granted for printing by individuals
for personal, private use. Photograph © Margarita Olivas

Verse

Do you remember that night
so long ago,
I could never forget it,
oh, no

We were watching TV,
an old black and white movie
Sitting hand in hand
I looked into your eyes
the feeling was soo intense
Then it all made sense
I knew you were the man for me

Chorus

Now all these years have gone by
and many times we've made each other cry
But some how, our love has grown,
our love has grown, our love has grown
Some how our love has grown

I thank God that you're in my life
all these years I've been your wife
Once all these kids are on their own (have grown),
we'll have some time alone
and I'll say:

Verse

How fast these years,
they've come and gone,
I will never forget 'em
oh, no

At times its been like TV
or 'n old black and white movie
walking hand in hand,
I look into your eyes,
the feelings are still intense
it just makes sense
there's no other man for me


Chorus

I thank God, we'll have

more than this life,
in heaven I'll still be your wife
we'll take this love of ours home
Yes, I've always known,
that you, you are the man for me


4 comments:

An American Believer said...

I completely forgot that you wrote this. I was listening in amazement thinking that it was an old, but timeless lds hymn. This song is an absolute masterpiece. And Mary Siever did a wonderful job singing it.

Congradulations Susana. May your artistic and creative gifts carry you far all the days of your life for the Glory of the Lord and may you look back on all trials with smiles.

Sincerely I pray,

Susana said...

Mary,

I can't tell you how much I love this rendition! Lori didn't leave a comment for you, but she shared with me personally how much she enjoyed your singing. Without your rich, lovely voice these songs are just words. I still hope others will leave their renditions, too, but yours will always hold a special place in my heart because it is your spirit that comes through, my dear friend Mary. I hope your rendition reaches the ears of many expectant moms. That is my prayer and hope.
love, Susana

An American Believer said...

I did leave a brief comment about Mary's singing Susie Q ; ) But I guess you're right. It wasn't directly "to" Mary. Thank you for catching that and bringing it to my attention.

Please pardon me Mary. What I realize now in listening again is that what I really like about the beautiful way that you render Susana's lyrics is that you make them an authentic lullaby. whoa - Deja vu

This is an absolute blast. And I'm going to try and talk another dear friend/mother in the Lord into singing here.

Thank you for all of the work you've put into this site Susana.

An American Believer said...

Clapping... I LOVE that. Had to just post again! : )