Listen to lullabies and spiritual songs written by Susan Fierro-Baig. Homespun Lullaby is intended to uplift and inspire mothers through pregnancy and beyond. All song lyrics copyrighted by Susana Fierro-Baig.
Sing, Mothers! Sing!
My favorite quote from Sarah Plain and Tall:
Of their prospective step-mother Caleb asks, "Does she sing?" The reply, "Tell Caleb I sing."
Singing. Do we recognize this as an essential part of mothering? Caleb didn't ask, "Does she sing WELL?" Only, "Does she sing?" Sing to your children mothers, even during pregnancy, no matter if you are talented or not. With practice you will see improvement, but regardless, to your babes you will sound like an angel.
O, my little ones, it's time to rest in your beds O, my little ones, it's time to rest your sweet heads.
Angels will watch over you while you are sleeping In peace you can slumber without any weeping.
God loves little children He said,'' Let them come unto me.'' God loves little children by his side He wants you to be.
Blessed are you my children, so good, honest and true I love you my children, and God loves you, too.
This cool, young chic named Daniela (whom I found on youtube) sang this song for me!!! Yay! I am so thrilled, she did an awesome job and I am so grateful. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!!
You sang this song so beautifully. Your voice is so rich, you really bring this song to life. You've taken the words and made them meaningful. Thank you again, and please sing more!
Yes, please sing more Mary! I would really appreciate you singing this song in one recording several times so that I could leave it playing. This is for enjoyment and would also help us learn the song.
Record YOUR rendition of any of Homespun Lullaby's songs! Record any song, copyrighted by Susan Fierro-Baig, as an Mp3, then email it to her at mamabaig at yahoo dot com. If necessary, use Yousendit.com for emailing Mp3's. Click here for more specific instructions for the things you need to record Mp3's. Or send me the link to any YouTube or other video.
Over the years I have developed such a love for music, that I have written my own songs and lullabies. It is my dream to create a CD to inspire mothers through music. I believe music is special and moves us unlike any other art medium.
During pregnancy (and mothering) music is an important means of feeling peaceful and fostering spirituality as music moves the innermost part of our being. It releases us from our cares, takes us to far away places in the space of time and imagination as it vibrates within our heart, body, and mind. It soothes our worries and fills us with hope and faith as we feel the light of the Spirit fill our souls (particularly when we praise God through song.)
Enjoy Homespun Lullaby's audio clips of spiritual songs and lullabies.
You can also visit Sing Your Favorite Lullaby
2 comments:
Mary,
You sang this song so beautifully. Your voice is so rich, you really bring this song to life. You've taken the words and made them meaningful. Thank you again, and please sing more!
Yes, please sing more Mary! I would really appreciate you singing this song in one recording several times so that I could leave it playing. This is for enjoyment and would also help us learn the song.
Post a Comment